The saying “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” is very true in dentistry. Prevention is critical to keeping your teeth and gums healthy. Unfortunately, a lot of people avoid the dentist due to anxiety or because appointments feel like one more commitment on a long to-do list. This can lead to the need for extensive, complicated dental work down the road.
We truly believe that when you actually like going to the dentist, taking the steps necessary to maintain your oral health won’t feel overwhelming. That’s why we make visits as convenient, painless, and relaxing as possible.
Our array of preventative dentistry services can help you ward off restorative procedures altogether or, at the very least, allow us to catch problems early for a quicker, less invasive fix. The MDCS team will listen to your needs and concerns and formulate a customized plan to ensure you’re getting the best care for that one-of-a-kind smile.
What Is Preventative Dentistry?
Preventative dentistry involves establishing habits that will keep your teeth healthy help you avoid cavities, gum disease, enamel wear, and more. During your regular visit at Manhattan Dental Care Studio, your dental hygienist will point out any issues that you may be having with your oral hygiene. Your hygienist will perform a cleaning, dental exam, an oral cancer exam, and take any necessary X-rays.
We will also evaluate the appearance of your teeth and recommend any aesthetic procedures that will enhance your smile, such as cosmetic or orthodontic procedures. Since we began serving patients in Redondo Beach, Torrance, El Segundo, Hawthorn, and Manhattan Beach as well as the surrounding areas, our goal has been a whole-body health approach, and preventative dentistry is essential for that.
What You Can Do to Prevent Tooth Decay
Establishing at-home oral hygiene habits is essential to keeping your teeth healthy. Brushing twice a day for at least two minutes and flossing after eating will help to remove plaque and decay. Plaque is difficult to remove and the best at-home habits may not be enough to keep it a bay. This is why it is so important to schedule regular dental visits and allow our trained staff of oral hygienists to catch any problems that may be lurking before they become serious.
How Can Manhattan Dental Care Studio Help
Here at Manhattan Dental Care Studio, we provide a wide array of preventative care. Here are some of the services that we provide to our value patients in Redondo Beach, Torrance, El Segundo, Hawthorn, and Manhattan Beach, California:
- Dental exams: the dentist will check for signs of problems that require further treatment, an essential component of preventative dentistry because we can catch a problem before it becomes more difficult (and costly) to fix.
- Dental sealants: coatings applied to the small indentations in the chewing surfaces of teeth, forming a protective layer against plaque and decay.
- Night guards: sleep bruxism is a common problem and difficult to shake, so we can make you a custom night guard to protect your teeth from damage until the issue can be resolved.
- Periodic cleanings: it is impossible to remove tartar by brushing and flossing, but a hygienist will clear it all away, which is a crucial part of preventing gum disease and tooth decay.
- Invisalign: for patients who want straight teeth without going through years of being a “brace face,” invisible aligners like Invisalign are a great low-profile orthodontic treatment option.
Help Us Help You Take Care of Your Teeth!
Our recommendation is to visit Manhattan Dental Care Studio twice a year for regular cleanings and preventive treatments. When you do this, we can detect any problems early, when they are much easier (and less costly) to fix.
If you live in North Ogden, Utah and do not have an appointment scheduled, please reach out to us by calling (310) 546-4675 or sending us an email. Here at MDCS, we’re excited to help keep you healthy and happy! Make sure to check the map before you head our way.
These routine visits are the most important step in the fight against tooth decay and oral disease.
Professional cleanings eliminate the plaque that can’t be addressed with regular homecare.